Monday, March 1, 2010

My First Hand Knit Shawl for 2010

It's been a long time since my last post. Actually, it's been almost a year. I haven't posted, but I have been busy. I will eventually catch up, but for now I am posting pictures of my first hand knit shawl for 2010. I decided to join a group on Ravelry - 10 Shawls for 2010. Below are the results of shawl #1. I may not be able to complete all 10, but at least I will get more completed this way.


1/28/10 - I’ve worked charts A thru E since January 20th. I hope to complete it by the end of the month.

1/30/10 - I had to visit the frog pond today and rip 6 rows for Chart F. I guess too much tv watching will do that. The knitting was correct, but the beads were in the wrong place on the second half of the shawl. Finished Chart F and will start Chart G tomorrow..

2/1/10 - Everything is still on schedule! Working nicely thru Chart G..

2/2/10 - Oh No! I’ve run out of beads! I really thought I had purchased enough. This is going to set me back a couple of days :-(

2/4/10 - Finally got the rest of the beads and very close to finishing..

2/5/10 - FINISHED!!! OMG! She is so beautiful! I will block her soon as well as upload pictures. Her finished size is 63”x35” I still need to upload the final block shawl in all of her glory :-D

Total weight is 9.0 oz with beads.











No comments: